Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Sunday, August 26, 2012

More on Moving . . .

I mentioned we have recently sold our family home in Glen Elder, KS and moved to nearby Beloit, KS.   Stresses come with moving of course - - - but I'm writing to remind myself to focus on the blessings instead of the stresses . . .


Blessing #4 - Living closer to my parents!  I only lived 23 miles from them before - but now with the move to Beloit the distance is 16 miles or less - I see my mom so much more often!  The reason of course is location, location, location.  Beloit is just a short jaunt for mom and the site of her drs. office, her hospital, Dairy Queen! and Alco!  So . . . she and some of her friends make frequent trips to "town" and she knows the invitation to drop by is always open.  She and her friends refuse to stop every time they come down but I will settle for now and then!

Blessing #5 - is going to the dogs!  Well two special dogs anyway ... We have two family pets, a Boston Terror I mean Terrier and a Weimaraner named Roy.    Dodger, the BT is our baby and our house dog - - - Roy was our son's dog and he purposefully picked out the biggest puppy in the litter - so naturally he has grown to be one very big strong dog!   The new home has a fenced in back yard which alllllll of us love!  The whole move was worth it, just giving the big dog especially, a new life!  He had been confined to a 12 x 24 pen before.  He still spends time in that pen here but spends several hours each day and most of the weekends in the yard where he can run, play, sleep, and yes he even had his own "pool" on those 105+ days of summer!

Blessing #6 - The amenities  -  love them!  So nice to have a grocery store, Alco, Dollar General, Drug store, library, swimming pool, doctor's office, hospital (also my place of employment) and lastly, places to eat!  Although Dairy Queen ice cream can be very tempting and a place I must avoid!  I always felt that our previous home town of Glen Elder was a great little town and I always enjoyed the things they had to offer as well.  Where else could you find a zoo park with a deer, donkey and a peacock?? but the grocery store ranks #1 on my list of things to have just down the street!


More blessings next time I post - - - sounds of sirens, airplanes and walking routes - - - will top my list!

Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!