Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

T & T Book Club Summer Reading Challenge

T & T Book Club, is in it's second decade of existence.  It was started as a great way for my sister Tami and I to share the reading of the same book at the same time each month.  We lived several hours apart and so we used snail mail and by that I mean email or oh my even the United States Postal system to deliver  "book announcements" to each other.  We took turns being in charge each month and finding a book to share with the other.  Then the one in charge also came up with a fun activity to do along with reading the book.    This was a huge success for several years - I still remember the excitement of sending off an announcement and sometimes even a copy of the book to Tami - or the thrill of getting the announcement! Then things changed and Tami moved much closer to me - just l0 miles away and although we have always kept it going - - - it has waxed and waned throughout the years.  But we love the idea of having our own Book Club and so as we kicked it in gear again just recently - we have decided to do something a little different and we are calling it:    The Summer Reading Challenge of the T & T Book Club!

I have picked a four book series from the great state of Texas!  I plan to make two trips to my sons house this summer in the deep of Texas - so when I discovered this series - I was intrigued.  I challenged Tami to pick her own books to read this summer (and it was easy as she had recently posted here about her choices of "pretty covers" and great stories that were on her summer book reading list.)

The challenge is this:  She will read her choices and I will read my series - - - and weekly or every other week we are obligated to post on our blogs about our reading progress!  An online book report if you will!

Here are my books  . . . and feel free to join us in the T & T Summer Reading Challenge!!


Texas Rich (Texas, #1)   Texas Heat (Texas, #2)  Texas Fury (Texas, #3)   Texas Sunrise (Texas, #4)     

       TEXAS RICH - TEXAS HEAT - TEXAS FURY - TEXAS SUNRISE

The first in Fern Michaels' best-selling Texas series, TEXAS RICH introduces us to passionately compelling Billie Ames. Young Billie was naive but a real knockout when she met Moss Coleman at the Philadelphia Navy Yard during World War II. Within a few months she was pregnant and married to him. It was a marriage that brought Billie--and her mother, Agnes--across the country to Austin, to a 250,000-acre spread called Sunbridge, and into the world of the Texas rich.

Happy Summer Reading All!!

1 comment:

  1. Thamks for coming up with the Summer plan. Having to post about my reads will keep me on track - hopefully. I've read books by Ferm Michaels, but none of the Texas series. Hope they're good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!