Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Read Read Read Read Read Read Read Read Read Books!

Oh wow . . . that post title is strange and unless you are a Blake Shelton fan - - -

Anyway the 24 hour Dewey's Readathon is here!!!  It's been exciting to see how many readers have signed up and are reading along with me today!  I am probably not the only readathoner to add a twist to the day as I would imagine any moms out there who plan for a day of uninterrupted reading will most likely have some (welcome)  interruptions.  My interruption is welcome and chosen - but then I'm a grandma . . . and I can sit and read any time I choose.  This weekend happened to be the one that worked out best for our youngest granddaughter to come and visit.  We plan a trip to the zoo on Sunday but for today we will read and craft amongst some other activities.  Elaine is 10 and loves to read - but with other things on our list for the weekend - I have planned some special Readathon activities to keep her interest.

 I planned to read for a couple hours while Elaine slept . . .

     Here is how the day REALLY started . . .

Alarm sounded . . . and I joyfully headed for the coffee pot because I don't have to go to work today!

7:00 a.m. -- Good morning fellow Readathoners!

Starting my day with coffee and devotions from my Bible Study called Celebrate Freedom!  It's all about weight loss which is a big issue for me always - - - I told my granddaughter Elaine - today we get moving!!  She is willing and excited about bike rides throughout the day!

This year besides adding Elaine to the readathon - I also decided to be a Cheerleader and so I will be visiting my assigned blogs to commend and cheer on my new friends!  One of the things I hope to gain from the day is to add some great blogs to my list to follow!

I'll get to reading now and check back in shortly - Enjoy everyone!!

I loves quotes about as much as books - so for our first reading quote . . .

You're never alone when you're reading a book.” 
― Susan Wiggs




  

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, Readathon Sister! Hope you and Elaine have a fantastic day of reading and crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your reading plans today

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!