Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Friday, November 22, 2013

Today I Noticed . . .

It's Friday and time again for "Today I Noticed . . . "     My new weekly fun post!

The idea behind this is to make me more aware and to pay attention to what is going on in my world. It is a little challenging to find something in each day that makes you just pause and "take note".

And when I say "today" well I really mean this week - - - but - - - you get the idea.

Today I Noticed  . . .

That in this day and age of nearly all communication done at the tip of your fingertips - emailing, twitter, blogging, texting, buying online, or on the go cell phones . . . it is really NICE to be invited into someone's home and asked to sit at the kitchen table and chat.  My Avon business has brought back some old memories of when I had an Avon lady back in the 1980's and when my mom used to buy from the Beauty Counselor rep who was a close friend of the family.  Sitting in the kitchen with a cup of coffee, chatting about the latest!  Sometimes it is just nice to visit face to face.

That at the age of 54 years I can no longer work a fulltime job - 8 hour day - and go to an event in the evenings.  I cannot do it.  I have no desire.  I have nothing to give to anyone after working all day.  Through the years, I have spent many evenings at ballgames, school programs, meetings, Pampered Chef parties, Bible Studies, etc. and loved it!!   I have started new Bible studies numerous times only to drop out or let it go by the way side after a few years.  Doing the day time night time running around is really expected of women. You work either inside the home or outside the home all day and then the night time job begins!  I'm here to say - at age 54 I now declare that I am done with that phase of life.  I will go to my job and work hard at it and give it my all.  I'm even open to working some from home when it is required on weekends or nights.  And sadly this week, I decided to drop out of a weekly Bible Study that I have been in for several months.  We are at a fairly new church for us and it has been a good way to get to know a small group more intimately.  Not for me.  I find myself unable to keep up with the homework that is required and when Wednesday night comes around - I am too tired.  I feel much better after explaining and apologizing to the leader.  And I realized this week that it's okay.   So . . . you will find me happily at home each evening either cooking, exercising, playing on the computer, reading, crafting, watching TV, and occasionally selling Avon, or any other chore I choose to do!  Or hey - - - just plain resting.  

That it's exciting around the office when a winter storm is brewing.  We all huddle together and brew up some more coffee and watch the sky and get texts from our husbands on the latest weather update.  Don't ask me why - I didn't say I would explain all of my randomness!

That is for this week!  Please leave a comment and tell me what you have noticed!


To realize The value of a sister:
Ask someone Who doesn't have one.

To realize The value of ten years:
Ask a newly Divorced couple.

To realize The value of four years:
Ask a graduate.

To realize The value of one year:
Ask a student who Has failed a final exam.

To realize The value of nine months:
Ask a mother who gave birth to a still born.

To realize The value of one month:
Ask a mother who has Given birth to a premature baby.

To realize The value of one week:
Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.

To realize The value of one hour:
Ask the lovers who are waiting to Meet.

To realize The value of one minute:
Ask a person
Who has missed the train, bus or plane.

To realize The value of one-second:Ask a person
Who has survived an accident.

To realize The value of one millisecond:
Ask the person who has
Won a silver medal in the Olympics.

To realize the value of a friend
Lose one.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!