Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Friday, November 29, 2013

Today I Noticed . . .

This was not a peaceful week and I NOTICE that when my mind is wrapped up and focused on work issues - I forget to pay attention.  It's easy to miss those moments.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and so I paused to reflect.   Have the weekend planned with family and so I am thankful for that and for many blessings.

Once again at work today and I notice that the day after a holiday can be very peaceful and quiet here.  Although we have a short crew - we have had a quiet day and my mind is at rest and I can remember things. 

So - Today I Noticed . . .

Finding an old text on my hubs's phone from our son - simply saying "How is mom doing after surgery?" was so sweet - He had asked me - but so much cooler that he had asked his dad also.  Weird mom thing?  Maybe so.


Homemade Pumpkin Pie - from scratch - still beats a store bought one.  Especially if the home it's made in is my mom's. :)


A house without a dog is extremely quiet and a bit lonely. 


 (catching a urine specimen from said dog requires agility and skill and patience)



Nothing stops an argument faster than when one person is too tired to argue :)  I think this is actually a famous quote by someone - but I discovered it to be so true this week.



How has your week been?   Did a moment come when you just paused and thought - aha! 
Please share and I promise to be more in tune next week!  I'm done with frustration, stress and arguments.  You heard it here first - - -



“Our culture encourages us to plan every moment and fill our schedules with one activity and obligation after the next, with no time to just be. But the human body and mind require downtime to rejuvenate. I have found my greatest moments of joy and peace just sitting in silence, and then I take that joy and peace with me out into the world.”

― Holly Mosier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!