Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Thursday, May 15, 2014

BOB - Bout of Books

Day #3 in a fun readathon - Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

There weren't a lot of stringent rules for this readathon which is a good thing as I have not read!!! Unless you want to count some very enjoyable articles from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services or the latest criteria for the Meaningful Use incentive plan or numerous medical records . . . then no I have not read!!

I asked my sister/BFF why are there not enough hours in a day??  I have a job that I very much appreciate, but oh for the day when I can stay home and work, garden, read,  and anything else I choose!    

Well - my time management thoughts are good for another post another day - but I do have one good accomplishment to share.  If you will remember from my original post - I had three goals.  One of them was to share my love for reading with someone else.  Well tonight via Face time that goal was met.  

Elaine is our 11 year old granddaughter and she loves to read.  She always has a book going.  So I asked her if she would like to read a book with me this week as part of the readathon.  She said she would love that and she is reading The Throne of Fire written by Rick Riordan.

In this exciting second installment of the three-book series, Carter and Sadie, offspring of the brilliant Egyptologist Dr. Julius Kane, embark on a worldwide search for the Book of Ra, but the House of Life and the gods of chaos are determined to stop them.


 
 
Check back soon for an update on my book selection for this week - Snow Melts in Spring!!
 
I shall be reading!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!