Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Monday, May 5, 2014

All in a day's work . . .

It was Saturday - my favorite day of the week - and although I dreamed of this:


I knew I had chores to do:

     Family reunion was the next day - just a few last minute details to tend to . . . 
     
     Fund raiser at church - just a few last minute details to tend to . . . 

     Peschool SS class - just a few last minute details to tend to . . . 

     And going back to our summer to do list - it was time to try something new . . . 


Saw on Pinterest and knew that other family members had tried this - I headed out to the hardware store for spray paint that works on plastic.  Sure enough they had it, I bought it, and it is now done.  One can of paint per large plastic flower planter.  New dirt added and a few flowers.  Then on to the next project - just adding some flowers to the blue pots - find a spot for the red bird wind chime and there you have it - a red, white and blue relaxing oasis for the summer!

More pics to come when all is said and done . . . 


Hubs got home from his real job and fired up his new "honda" . . . 


Some say this bad boy mows all by itself . . . 


I think Clay would agree - - - look at how he is "following quickly" behind Mr. Honda and he is actually standing up straight and tall!    Far cry from the old mower that required bending over, pushing with brute force strength as you held the gear handle down - all the time.

Gotta love the weekends . . . ended ours here . . .


                             




2 comments:

  1. I'm worn out just reading this. I think I need a hammock. :) Your patio is beautiful. Can't wait to spend an afternoon there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!