Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October 31 . . .

I enjoy Halloween now slightly more than I did as a child and as a parent . . .in fact, Halloween is on my list of regrets and wish I could do overs . . . that I have made with regards to my children ... I would have more fun!  Of course I need to remember - the fun can only exist for about 10 years because then the "fun" turns into "mischief" and "please mom can I go trick or treating with my friends . . ." .   But I have enjoyed it with my granddaughter.  Decorating pumpkins, trips to the pumpkin patch, riding on a hay rack, riding a small train, pony rides, kettle corn, caramel apples and much more at our favorite little orchard in South Dakota.    Finding Christian variations to Halloween such as The Pumpkin Patch Parable - Fall Harvest in the Park - and a great time at a huge corn maze are some of my best memories.

I also enjoy Halloween now because I have deemed it "Official kick-off to the Holiday Season"!!  Maybe my sister Tami has the official honors of coming up with this declaration, but I agree!

This year Halloween falls on a Friday - and Hallmark - ohhhhh Hallmark  - is kicking off the holiday season with the first Christmas movies for 2014!  My friend Rebecca and I plan to have a cup of Christmas Tea and enjoy the show!

This year, for me, it also marks a new and unending challenge to take better care of me.  For my health and to enjoy the blessings I have been given I will once and for all - make changes that allow me to lose nearly 50 pounds.  I will exercise on a regular basis.  I will eat healthy food.   And most importantly I will put my focus on prayer and Bible study and growing my relationship with God.

Hope you have a spooktacular Halloween . . . and are ready to enjoy the next two months as we head into the holidays!!!

Check back soon to see what special activities I have planned for these two months . . . as I also reflect on the past year and begin to get my focus for 2015!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!