Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Oh Where oh Where has my Little Dog Gone ...

How can you lose a l00 pound dog??

We have recently had quite a lot of rain - which is great - making a huge mess out of my back yard and patio though.  We have discovered that water runs between us and the neighbors and across our backyard to the patio  - - mud everywhere - but anyway - - - tonight it was time to clean up once again.

I quickly grabbed the push broom from the small metal shed in our backyard and began a work-out of sorts!  Once the patio was swept - broom tucked away in shed - I grabbed a smaller broom and moved on to sidewalks and steps.  Checked the flowers - Checked on my big dog Roy who was playing in the yard . . . or wait . . . "Roy!" Now where had the big gray dog gone?  I quickled glanced all around the FENCED in back yard - and walked to the far side of the shed to see if he was sleeping there out of the way of me and my wicked push broom!  No Roy - No Roy anywhere in the yard - - - I began to look all along the fence for a hole he had made to slip under the fence - - - and although we have some loose areas - nothing had been disturbed big enough to allow him to make a run for it - - - I began a little panic . . . Had he slipped by me when I went through the garage side door to get a ladder??  I began to shout throughout the neighborhood for him - - - Usually when he escapes me - I can see him running in the field across the street from our house - or in the neighbor's behind us  - he never strays very far away.

I couldn't help but think . . . could someone have seriously stopped by and picked him up??  Had they been casing the joint and dognapped Roy??   Did he head down 8th street and someone picked him up - - - 

As I stood in my empty back yard - - - contemplating my next move - - - which was to jump in the pickup and go hunting . . . I looked at my shed . . . my little metal shed there in the backyard . . . AND I KNEW . . . the Big Dog had gone WITH me into the shed to get the broom . . . and he had decided to STAY - - - probably "cleaning" up our gas grill - - - which he likes to do - - - and I had shut the door on him!!!    Sure enough - - - opened the door and out he came.

Dog found - had to laugh.


3 comments:

  1. ROTFL! Love it - mostly because I've done it myself. And that panicked feeling is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...I think we've all done that one. So glad you found him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!