Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Saturday, March 29, 2014

A Masterpiece! That's you!

As promised in the New Year I would focus on Worship.  I didn't have ideas of what I would blog about at the time I chose worship as one of my seven focuses for 2014, all I knew was I intend to spend more time being thankful and in prayer and conversation with God.

Healthy living is what brought me to my recent purchase of a small book called "The New Bible Cure for Weight Loss"  It caught my eye - - - two of my focuses in one book - - - worship/Bible study along with weight loss ideas!  

So to share with you I start today with my notable point from the Introduction of this book . . .

Have you been to see the movie "Noah"?  I want to go and I heard the director interviewed on CBS this morning.  He called it the most "nonbiblical biblical production".  The movie is taking a hit for not being completely factual.  I say that I know the real story and can go to the movie and discern the differences . . . but this isn't a movie critique column . . . so let me try to make a point :).

You are God's Masterpiece . . . if you think about our Creator and what power it took to create this world and everything in it - every creature in air, land and sea, animals, flowers, plants, solar systems, and people . . . the determination God felt when he sent the flood to destroy evil . . . guess what?  He has the power and desire to help me overcome my lifelong battle with overeating!     We humans in all of our messed up glory are his best work!  He created us because he wanted someone who could love him back.

That statement alone - the introduction to the book - I Am God's Masterpiece - was the reminder that I needed to spur me onward.  I felt renewed and inspired to eat basically the right things in the right portion and celebrated with a 3 pound weight loss as of this morning!

Your exercise for today:  Close your eyes and see yourself for one moment with no imperfections, no bondage to anything, no shortcomings . . . Imagine your body as lean and healthy as it could possibly be.  What do you look like?  How do you feel?   God imagines us that way, sees us that way, and designed us to be that way . . . He wants what is best for us.

Join me in the next few weeks as I read about the Bible Cure for weight loss and share my lessons from scripture on the importance of nutrition and how God intended us to eat and be healthy . . . how to live an abundant life.

"I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly" John 10:10



"Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised." -Prov. 31:30






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!