Half way done and I confess - - - I did quite a few other things today besides sit and read - and I hope that doesn't offend the sponsors of this great Readathon. I mean no offense but I also love that with the readathon - you can kind of make your own rules on your time spent reading. So . . . I am really looking forward to spending the evening and as much of the night as I can - on truly reading!!! Storm watching . . . but reading!!
Snow Melts in Spring by Deborah Vogts.
2. How many books have you read so far?
I haven't finished any - but I have divided my time between the book above and The Dieter's Prayer Book - by Heather Harpham Kopp.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I will finish reading Snow Melts . . . but will jump on my Kindle to begin the novel Maine which has been highly recommeded to me! Hope I can keep the two books straight!
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really - - - well maybe - - - I wanted certain chores done so I could read guilt-free - - - but I found more chores to jump up and do - - - my schedule is pretty much my own these days - - - so I didn't have to make arrangements.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Only self-made ones. Did them and then got right back to reading and/or blogging.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I'm still a newby to readathons - - - I'm touched and amazed at over 800 readers!!!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope not a one!! Just thank you to all who do so much work!!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I meant to ask my daughter to join in and forgot - I also enjoyed having my granddaughter here one time during Readathon and she loved it!!
9. Are you getting tired yet?
No - but then I snuck in two short naps already!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
One thing that I would suggest especially if there is anyone else in your household is to plan ahead - have the chores done - and have lunch and supper prepared ahead - something you can grab from refridgerator or throw in the oven. I have to plan for breaks to stretch and get moving . . . I really have appreciated the cheerleader comments I have been given - I was a cheerleader last time - it's a fun part of the readathon!!