Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Getting a plan . . .

The following blog post was nearly "deleted" today as I started on a new post - - - as you will see below I was feeling stressed out - - - and once the post was written - - - I didn't have any intention to print it - - - but today as I re-read - - - it doesn't sound so bad.  It's all very true.  Life isn't always picture perfect.  So - read on . . . and then follow along with me to see my " plan" in action,


It's nearly 2 a.m. and I have been home from work for one hour.  Why?  Trying to catch up with work that cannot seem to find an ending.  Two steps forward and then three steps back.   I'm going on a long weekend trip to see our son this weekend so extra hours are required.

Poor management? (that would be on me)  Busy establishment? (that's a good thing) Short on help?  (I think maybe yes).  A person can't move from one position to a supervisory position and take all of your present work with you to the new position . . . then become even busier on top of it all . . . it makes for a tired lady.    And yes sitting up at 2 a.m. blogging may bring certain people down on me . . . but I'm not suffering from physical tired.  I'm tired in my heart and in my soul.  

Every aspect of my little life - which is blessed in many, many ways - is not going the way I think I want it to go.    I want to work hard at my job and meet deadlines easily - I want to lead with grace and wisdom and kindness and forgiveness.  I want a more healthy body at a smaller size but I refuse to do what it takes to get it.  I want to relax in my home with my family and pets and read and clean house and keep up with laundry and watch favorite TV shows.  

I want a good nights sleep.

I want to pray and read God's word.

I want to simplify.

I have been dejected at not finding things to blog about as I did in the past.    

So sounds like I need a vacation??  Well we are off tomorrow to the great state of Texas.  Our son Todd and his family live there, and the five day weekend promises to bring some fun in the sun and much more . . .

Assignment:

Relax   Enjoy family  Rest my soul   Come home with a plan . . . stay tuned.


“Your life is the sum result of all the choices you make, both consciously and unconsciously. If you can control the process of choosing, you can take control of all aspects of your life. You can find the freedom that comes from being in charge of yourself.” - - Robert F. Bennett






Problems are always made better at the beach :)
















1 comment:

  1. That's a long list of things to keep up with, especially when children are so far away and require so much travel time. But you deserve to enjoy this stage of life, so hire some more help at work, eliminate the things you can, and put time with God above all else.

    Oh - and visit your sister more often. :)

    Can't wait to hear the plan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!