Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Saturday, September 15, 2012

HEROES


A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882) U.S. poet, essayist and lecturer




Six word Saturday:  My Sister Has Been My Hero

Had to take a moment to share a blessing I have.  All of my followers (Tami) will know that I have been on a quest to lose weight and exercise daily.  I have had success.  I have learned some very good nutritional information.  I have learned some new life skills.  I have become disciplined in areas of my life that desperately needed it.  NO MORE late night meals.  Exercise Exercise Exercise.
Last week I shared an episode where I ended up in tears trying to do sit-ups.  This week I battled with myself on a treadmill - wanting to quit - mad because I had to work so hard.  Depressed knowing that this is how I need to live the last half of my life - being healthy and active.   

Then . . . as has happened so many times in the last few months . . . My sister and cohort in "It's Your Life - get it in shape" lifted me up and encouraged me to keep going.  Tami has lost 50 pounds PLUS.  Tami is the sister I used to harp on about blood pressure, cholesterol, mammograms, and exercise.  She wanted nothing to do with any of them.  Her transformation has been awesome to watch.  I saw her struggle through the awful hours on the treadmill.  She has been to the doctor and has excellent health results as well - nearly off of blood pressure medicine.  She is being proactive in her health care with regular check-ups.  AND she is hitting the road for long walks and the treadmill for power walks.  She is hiking, doing sit-ups. jumping rope, lifting weights and oh my gosh - running.  

The best part - the blessing - is to know that I would NOT be blogging this morning with a 26.8 pound weight loss myself if it were not for my sister hero's support.  Always there with a challenge, an encouraging word, a weight loss discovery, new recipe, or sharing with our new smaller clothes purchases - Tami has spurred me along at just the right moment I needed it!  She has also helped me to see that we are all individuals and lose at different rates and exercise at different speeds.  

Thanks Tami for being my hero!  My life is all the better for having you as my sister and bff!

Love you,   Teri











3 comments:

  1. Sisters are the "best". I enjoy reading your & Tami's blogs. Loosing weight is so very hard & takes a lot of commitment. You both deserve an award for your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! Appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I don't feel like I've been a hero at all - just a sister. It has certainly made the weight-loss journey easier to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!