Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Friday, April 19, 2013

I'll keep my day job . . .

It's spring time and that means light showers and breezy warm days . . . oh wait . . . I live in Kansas and that ain't necessarily so . . .

This week I have seen a nice day - a gloomy gray day - wind like crazy - sleet and snow flakes - thunder and lightning and rain and hail . . .

We are still having new experiences in our new home in our new town. We woke up to discover that the power was off in our home. I looked around and hubs looked around and he discovered that the neighbors across the stress had power - - - but our side of the street did not.

Talking it over, we decided that we should call the emergency phone number and when we did we got information that they knew there was an outage and were headed out to the truck. Within minutes of heading back to bed - it was quiet - and then came the roar down the street - and as I watched - the Beloit City electrical truck had arrived right outside our bedroom window and the scene below was what I saw.

As I watched them hoist a worker up to the transformer, I was thankful that they are there to do this job. I said a quick prayer over them and thought about how their wives would probably be worrying when their husbands head out in a storm -

Within minutes we had power again -

Thank you men for the job you do . . .







1 comment:

  1. Certainly one of those jobs I wouldnt want to do. Thank heaven forvtjose who do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!