Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Teri's Favorite Things for 2012





Remember the days of Oprah's Favorite Things?  They were called the most "coveted tickets" ever. To be in the audience that day in November when the bells start jingling and Harpo Elves come streaming in - is a dream come true!!  Oprah would spend the next hour lavishing the lucky guests with all of the things that she had come to love in the previous year.  Bath products, shoes, purses, jewelry, candies, special foods, boots, slippers, work out clothes, pajamas, sheets, ipads, kindles, refrigerators, vacations, and oh yes the enfamous "you get a car and you get a car and you get a car . . ."  Keys to sporty little red cars under everyone's chairs.

My sister Tami and I started our own "Favorite Things" right along with Oprah.  We even shared a gift from our favorites list with each other for several years.  Obviously we didn't have the budget that Oprah did - but nonetheless - it's a wonderful thing when you are blessed enough to find your very own list of favorite things year after year.

2012 has been a big year for my family - making the move to a new home and a new city.  I have shared many of the blessings along the way.  As we close out another year I would like to share with you my TOP TEN Favorite Things for 2012 . . . and who knows maybe you will find some of them under your chair!!

Bring out the elves . . .
#1 - Roses - never have been able to grow them!
#2 - NutriSystem's Beef and Wedge Potatoes
#3 - Ipod Shuffle!  Plugs into the tread mill!  Christmas from my children!
#4 - Schechers Tennis Shoes - Great for walking!
#5 - Blogging! - Need to take a class!
#6 - Pinterest  -  Need to take a class!
#7 - Bath and Body Cashmere Bouquet
#8 - Red Birds - Had one visit me - read about it here
#9 - Size 18W Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans - doesn't sound like every girl's dream to be a size 18 - but it's only going to get better!
#10 - New coffee mugs!  They are so elegant, and pretty and dainty!  Christmas from my children.

Personalized Holiday Spirit Glass Coffee Mug Set - 4679


Join me in the fun and write out your Top Ten things from 2012.  You notice I didn't mention family and friends - of which I am very thankful - and they are at the top of a whole other list - things I can't do without!  It is fun, however, to think of some of the small things that have made your life easier or made you smile - and so I'm sharing mine with you.

Take some time to reflect and come back and leave a link in the comments section!  I'd love to see what others have discovered in 2012!

Blessings found in simple things.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree that the best blessings are found in the simple things. Here are some of mine:

    1. Gardening - Second year of raising a garden. Simple pleasure of working in the dirt and harvesting fresh vegetables.
    2. Nutrisystem - for obvious reasons.
    3. Smart phone - may not be "simple", but sure is handy (and fun).
    4. Pre-lit, fold up Christmas tree. End of the yearly tree assembly debacle.
    5. Decoupage journal cover made by my daughter.
    6. Michael Kors pocketbook. Again, not simple, but a girl's got to splurge on occasion.
    7. Little Red Schoolhouse bird feeder. Love watching the variety of birds - especially cardinals.
    8. Chairs and table handed down through two generations.

    There are many more, I'm sure. but these are the ones that pop to mind. Most of my favorite things these days are experiences and relationships.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!