Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Two chairs . . .

If you could be anywhere in the world where would you choose?  Have you ever asked yourself that question?  And if so, do you have a spot in mind?  Most likely if you do it is because you have been there once and want to go back!  Count that a blessing my friend!

I could answer that question quickly . . . two chairs.

Strange answer huh?  Let me explain.


v

Murdoch's on Galveston Island, Texas.  Picture me in one of those white Adirondack chairs looking out over the ocean.  Peaceful, tranquil, beautiful ocean view, smack dab between two souvenir shops!  What could possibly be better.  Picture me there.  Content.   Below is a picture of Murdoch's Bath House.  Check it out online as this famous landmark has been built and rebuilt due to hurricane after hurricane destruction.


BUT WAIT - What about these two chairs?


Picture me here!  These two chairs sit on a deck looking out over Big Thompson River or at least a small portion of it that runs through a place we discovered this fall called Rustic River Cabins in Roosevelt National Park, near Estes Park, Colorado.  
Picture me with a cup of fresh coffee and a book or perhaps just a cup of fresh coffee.  No book is needed.  The cool, clear water with it's calming sound soothes the soul.


Two places so special to me.  I am doubly blessed aren't I?  Maybe you are too?  That is my challenge to you for today think of how you would answer that question
if asked - - - If you could be any place in the world where would it be?  Can't wait to hear your replies!

1 comment:

  1. It would be outside -- surprise! Maybe in the mountains, maybe by a fire in my own yard...maybe with my whole family...maybe alone with God... Are you getting the point that I can't make up my mind? But I love your post and I love the question.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!