Finishing well . . . Walking in faith . . .

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch - Love these!

I was sooooo excited to see that Patrice was offering us another chance to sit on her front porch and chat!  Looks like we have some more reader questions and they look really interesting!


Questions

Melanie asks "What kinds of seafood have you tried and liked?
 What is the most unique seafood you've eaten?

I love shrimp of any kind!  And I don't like calamari?? the consistency oooooo . . . . and I know it may not be known as one of the best places for seafood - - - but for this Kansas girl - - - going to Kemah, Texas and Joe's Crab Shack - - - is one of my favorite places to be in the world!  I know Melanie didn't ask for that information  - - - but I'm known to ramble . . . 

Anne says, "An unforgettable holiday moment is_____________________. (She's on the other side of that BIG pond. I believe a holiday is a vacation on this side. )

The Christmas of 1999 we planned a big surprise for our daughter Casey.  She loved basketball and she loved the Lady Vols.  We got tickets for a game in January in Fayeteville, Arkansas.   The Razorbacks would be playing Pat Summit's Lady Vols and that would be the closest chance for us to be front and center!  We bought her a Tennessee sweatshirt and wrapped it up - - - then we gave her a small box with the tickets and a little spending money and told her she was going to see her favorite team!  And she could take along one friend.  Great memory!

Arlene wants to know, "When was the last time you tried something new?"

In recent years I have done some things I never imagined:  Owned a big dog and love it!    Walked and jogged on a treadmill and hated it!  Water aerobics and good at it!  Golf and bad at it!  Hiked in the Rocky Mountains with hubs!  Flew across the country without hubs + granddaughter!  Learning that being over 50 and learning new things is great!

Becky asks, "Who or what inspires you?"

My parents - to be good people.  My sister - everyday.  My children - that I could raise such amazing people.   Husband - to have faith and not worry!

Madonna wants to know," How did you choose the names of your children. Wendell adds,"If you don't have kids, how do you choose pet names?"

I guess I chose the names and husband agreed - - - With our names Clay and Teri - I thought another "T" name would be cute - and a friend named her son Todd six months before our son was born.  She said it was great if we used the same name - and so we did!  I loved it!      Then with our daughter Casey - I wanted to continue the "letter" tradition and decided that a boy should be Trent like the "T" in Teri and Todd - but if we had a girl it would need to be a "C" like her daddy Clay.  I work at a hospital and spied a little girl in the nursery one day named Casey - - - And I loved it!   And it was a girl!!   That is how Todd and Casey came to be named.    AND if we had had another child - it would have been Trent or Courtney - and I don't know that I have ever told anyone that before :).    Thanks Madonna for asking!

If you would like to join in on the Farmhouse Chat - visit Patrice at Everyday Ruralty! In honor of you Patrice I plan to sit on my front porch this weekend and have a cup of coffee!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate hearing from all of you! It is an honor!